Skip to main content

I CAN

-AAKRITI THATAL.

I can see.
I can see the different colours and also monotone. I can see through the crowd and I can even peek through a hole. I can see the birds fly and I can see the humans. I can see objects and also motives.
I can hear.
I can hear the television loud, I can hear the traffic, static. I can hear your words and I can hear Nature. I can hear through your actions.
I can smell.
Smell the sweet scent of incense sticks which I, by the way, can burn and light. I can smell the tempting aroma of Maa's cooking and I smell the reek of the rotten vegetables. I can smell as my olfactory senses are stable and sound.
I can taste, the delicious and the tasteless; the bitter and the sweet. I can taste the feeling of defeat and also victory. I can taste Art and I can taste Music. I can taste and I believe in my tastes.
I can touch.
I can touch beings, both living and dead, moving and stationary. I can touch people's hearts and that makes for another, I can convince people and I can make an agreement.
I can speak. I am sound.
I can speak for the right. I can speak to entertain. I can speak to prove a point and also to defend.
I can defend. I, also, can offend. I can speak and my speaking can attract. I can be confident, and can speak for myself.
I can breathe.
Breathe the freshness and the pollution. Breathe the scent and the odorless. I can breathe life.
I can move. I can walk. I can jog. I can exercise, but I can be lazy too. I can rest, I can work all day and can have a strange addiction too. I can wander around for long hours because I can think for the longest. I can travel with or without my phone. Oh, yes! I can. Trust me on that.
I can amuse others and also myself, because I can attempt. For the very same reason, I can annoy. And, I can apologize. I can admit my folly and submit to the situation. I can kneel, which means, I can take a punishment. I can fight, both physically and verbally; if needs be. And, I can also win. But, I can also avoid violence and I can back off because I can be sensible.
Oh, yes. I can balance. I can balance a bottle on my open palm, which I suppose, everybody can. I can balance between the good and the bad, the right and the wrong. I can admire Art and effort and can also advise and can suggest. I can applaud because I can appreciate, but can also place an argument. I can also lose. I can arrange stuff into neat shelves and racks because I can be a fop, and I can also, very simply, mess things up.
I can be punctual and can arrive on time. I can lead to delays in the deadline.
I can decorate, I can stitch, I can carve and can also sit.
Oh yes, again. I can sit, I can pick things up the ground. I can bend and I can be grateful because not everybody can. I can skip, I can jump, do a little jog and sometimes, can also run. I can be alert and alert you too since, I can announce a deed and sometimes even make you do. I can analyze a situation, I always do. But, sometimes I can allow my senses to fool me too. I can question. I can ask. I can answer and I can pass a task. I can push a button, I can pull a door. I can push ideas into you and can even pull them out. I can entertain because sometimes, I can appear out of the blue, can attach myself to you, can perform for you and can dare to be different too. I can sing. I can play the guitar. I can even put them together and record them into a piece. I can chop, I can cut, smash, wash, crush, break. I can cook sometimes, too. I can bite the food and chew it and I can swallow it too. I also can bake a cake.
I can bathe a puppy and I can feed it. I can brush and comb its fur and can coach it to behave. I can cover it when it's cold. I can take care. I can carry some healthy load, I can shift positions, I can be firm. Makes way for, I can command, compete, cope and even compel. I can influence. I can identify the people I know just by their smell and touch but I can also get confused and yes, I can confess my feelings- negative and positive, both.
I can be concerned. I can be mean. I can love and I can also hate. I can like, dislike, choose and confuse too. I can change, grow, transform and can be true.I can be rooted and not fall for everything new. I can calculate, number, count, label, I can read too. I can rhyme and also compose a poem. I can compare and contradict. I can pause and continue. I can copy, I can correct, consider and connect. Divide, but also complete. I can doubt and I can trust.
Disapprove, disagree, disgrace, disappear- I can do these things too. I can desert and can deliver myself to isolation too. I can be delighted and can be delightful. I can lead. I can follow, examine, excuse, fix things, fold clothes, force, form creative ideas, frame plans, gather- can glue and sew them together and I can form a piece too. I can take photographs and I can hammer a nail to fix it up a wall. I can film videos and hum a few background melodies. I can hover and also fetter but I can hug you, if you come for composure.
I can be calm and poised. I can help. I can ignore if the best results out of it and I can always improve and check myself. Imagine, that is something I can do and I can instruct my heart and my mind to be at equilibrium too. Seems like, I can control and impress. Express.
I can learn and level up in an argument or a game. I can laugh and I can lighten. I can be liked. I can manage, march, listen, look, notice, obey, offend, order, permit, meddle, offer and note. I can pretend, possess, refuse, regret, relax, rejoice, sigh, settle, scare, ruin, rush, risk, spot, spell, scream, scold, report, reply, protect, protest, be present, precede, proceed, wait. I can cry.
I can pack, unpack, vanish, tell, hear, listen, catch, wave, whine and I can welcome.
I can keep a promise. I can hold onto my words. I can succeed, fail, succumb, tremble, tour, touch, tie, tempt. I can stare and I can make you feel uncomfortable. But, I can support. I can love. I can miss. I can mourn for a loss. I can overflow with emotions and can be emotionless too. I can live. I can die and I am pretty sure I can decay after death. I can write and use as many words as there are and never be tired. I can wonder. I can understand and after all these, I can sleep sound, and not have suicidal thoughts. I can dream, lucid too.

Apparently, I can do 263 verbs and can still carry on.
But, I can also stop.
That makes, plus one.
To add to it, I know I can
Because I am Human. I am Sound. I am Able. I am Fine. I am the Universe.

And trust me, I can Explain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fag.

-Aakriti Thatal Lighting Her first cigarette, Inhaling the smoke, the heat and the pang: She let her colours show And Her wings out. She shone. Brighter than the flame igniting her fag, did she shine. The flakes fluttering in the void, glowed'. Orange. Vibrant. She was Happy. The other smiled there, the passive smoker. Smiled. Smiling. Smile. Smile? The cigarette was Blithe. Life. She lived One. With cigarettes taking her breath little-by-little, did she live. She lived Once. Taking in the last puff, She smiled, hollow. Pain. End. Life. Once. One. Cigarettes. Her inhaler. Little did it take for the bright flakes fluttering, turn Gray. A very short while. Ash. They were Happy for a very short while.

Power

-AAKRITI THATAL. I look at myself, sometimes; Superficially. The skin- Dark. Gloomy.  I go deeper. Not skin-deep. Deeper beneath.  Choking, struggling to break free from  A life that is only a Lie.  A Lie- Cold and Intolerable.  With cavernous darkness emanating  From the grotto of 'the core'- The Heart.  A Lie, I am unaware of. Crawling and flowing through every vein in my body; A piece of me, ephemeral.  My eyes are dark and criminal. So many things seen but not shown.  'Views', unfathomable, Actions, unpleasant to the soul.  These eyes have seen the others Shine and also cry; These eyes have lived long enough to 'just die'.  Trepidant lips, trying to utter words to expedite emotions; Trying to jerk up a lip into a word. Struggling the best to make my feelings and thoughts more accentuated.  These lips have a multitude of tales to tell. I WISH I HAD THE POWER.  I WISH PEOPLE KNEW.  I WISH
I used to draw flowers when strong desires in me sprang,  To maneuver things to have my way.  I coddled those desires in me for they were almost definite and such promise kept me impelled. They were scattered here, and blotched there,  However, they were outward.  Those evocative desires punctured every stub of confusion and left me aching for more display, more flowers. Those plump, pretty flowers would pucker publicly and throb with clear pulse,  Almost loud, almost definite, almost tangible.  The flowers withered. They wilted, uncared for.  They wilted upon strenous trials of colouring them with self-indulgence,  And not letting them breathe at their pace. / Today, a wall exists where used to be flowers; my hands no longer draw them.  In trying to paint geometric, precise, absolute figures; the imperfect, raw, sincere flowers sagged.  My hands are now entrapped, not engrossed.  I view the outcome from this distance and refuse to appreciate the brick wall, but cannot appreciate the f